The Journal of James Edmond Pease

Jim Murphy writes many books but my favorite is The Journal of James Edmond Pease. Throughout the book I felt sorry, scared and honored for the main character, James. The story really makes you feel sad and hurt but still I really enjoyed reading the book. It helped me to understand what James was feeling when he told you he ran away from home because sometimes I feel like running away from home but I wouldn't actually do it, but still I really understand how he felt because sometimes I feel like that. I think this book is a just right book for me because I felt what the character was feeling and It wasn't to hard or to easy.

This book is one of the most interesting books I've read because the main character changes so frequently. At the start of the book James is young and just silly, he doesn't care that war is going on all he wants is to relax and be silly, he didn't care about his rank all he wanted and hoped for was that his Uncle would come back to him and say sorry for the fight they had before he ran away and went to war. But near the end he changes he cares about war and he wants friends, he wants to go home no matter what his Uncle says to him. I think what made him change was when he got a friend to be with and this man, Johnny, showed him every thing he knew at the end of the book, this made him change.

The story was resolved when James Edmond Pease asked Johnny to be his friend again after he was mean to Johnny, I liked how the story ends because it's touching and all sweet and stuff. If I had to change something about the book i would change how James has to run away from his family to be in war or to fight for what he beleved in considering he was living with a man who was always standing up for his country. I think the authors theme for the book is to trust others and give them the benifit of doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment